TeX Live 2015 released
After long time of waiting we finally released TeX Live 2015. Get some champagne, and ready to party!
Get it via downloading the net-installer, by obtaining a DVD, or downloading the iso. Besides the huge list up updates to packages and loads of bug fixes to all the programs, here are some notable news:
- new LaTeX2e release which automatically includes fixltx2e
- pdfTeX got improved jpeg support (exif and JFIF)
- luaTeX got a new library newtokenlib
- XeTeX got image handling fixes
- MetaPost got a new numbersystem binary, and Japanese variants were added (upmpost and updvitomp)
- MacTeX’s Ghostscript packages got a facelift with better CJK support, other Unix-like distributions can do the same with my the newly included script cjk-gs-integrate (also one one my projects)
- fmtutil got rewritten in perl, as reported here
- architectures: *kfreebsd was removed,and some additional platforms available as custom binaries. The DVD does not contain all platforms (due to space reasons), but all of them can be installed via the net-installer.
Regular updates of the repository will start in due course.
Thanks to all the contributors for the hard work. Let’s have a party!