Kobo Glo and GloHD firmware 3.17.3 mega update (KSM, nickel patch, ssh, fonts)
I have updated my mega-update for Kobo to the latest firmware 3.17.3. Additionally, I have not built (and tested) updates for both Mark4 hardware (Glo) and Mark6 hardware (GloHD). Please see the previous post for details on what is included.
The only difference that is important is the update to KSM (Kobo Start Menu) version 8, which is still in testing phase (thus a warning: the layout and setup of KSM8 might change till release). This is an important update as all version up to V7 could create database corruptions (which I have seen several times!) when used with Calibre and the Kepub driver.
Other things that are included are as usual: Metazoa firmware patches – for the Glo (non HD) version I have activated the compact layout patch; koreader, pbchess, coolreader, the ssh part of kobohack, custom dictionaries support, and some side-loaded fonts. Again, for details please see the previous post
You can check for database corruption by selecting tools - nickel diverse.msh - db chk integrity.sh in the Kobo Start Menu. If it returns ok, then all is fine. Otherwise you might see problems.
I solved the corruption of my database by first dumping the database to an sql file, and reloading it into a new database. Assuming that you have the file KoboReader.sqlite, what I did is:
$ sqlite3 KoboReader.sqlite SQLite version 22.214.171.124 2015-07-29 20:00:57 Enter ".help" for usage hints. sqlite> PRAGMA integrity_check; *** in database main *** Page 5237: btreeInitPage() returns error code 11 On tree page 889 cell 1: 2nd reference to page 5237 Page 4913 is never used Page 5009 is never used Error: database disk image is malformed sqlite> .output foo.sql sqlite> .dump sqlite> .quit $ sqlite3 KoboReader.sqlite-NEW SQLite version 126.96.36.199 2015-07-29 20:00:57 Enter ".help" for usage hints. sqlite> .read foo.sql sqlite> .quit
The first part shows that the database is corrupted. Fortunately dumping succeeded and then reloading it into a new database, too. Finally I replaced (after backup) the sqlite on the device with the new database.
Mark6 – Kobo GloHD
firmware: Kobo 3.17.3 for GloHD
Mega update: Kobo-3.17.3-combined/Mark6/KoboRoot.tgz
Mark4 – Kobo Glo, Auro HD
firmware: Kobo 3.17.3 for Glo and AuroHD
Mega update: Kobo-3.17.3-combined/Mark4/KoboRoot.tgz