Kobo firmware 3.15.0 plus mega update (KSM, kobohack, patch, ssh, …)
As with previous version, I have prepared a mega update for the Kobo firmware 3.15.0, including all my favorite patches and features. Please see details for 3.13.1 and 3.12.1. As before, the following addons are included: Kobo Start Menu, koreader, coolreader, pbchess, ssh access, custom dictionaries.
So what are all these items:
- firmware (thread): the basic software of the device, shipped by Kobo company
- Kobo Start Menu (V07 thread): an menu that pops up before the reading software (nickel) starts, which allows to start alternative readers (like koreader) etc.
- KOreader (koreader-nightly-20150430, thread): an alternative document reader that supports epub, azw, pdf, djvu and many more
- pbchess and CoolReader (2015.4, thread): a chess program and another alternative reader, bundled together with several other games
- kobohack (web site): updated libraries and ssh server
- ssh access (old post: makes a full computer from your device by allowing you to log into it via ssh
- custom dictionaries (thread): in particular Japanese-English
Please see this post for details.
Here is the combined Kobo-3.15.0-combined/KoboRoot.tgz
Here a a few things you need to do after you have installed the mega update:
- ssh passwords and telnet disabling needs to be done! This is an important step, please see this old post and follow the steps from step 9.
- Install all available updates for the Kobo Start Menu, available from the first post in this thread.
The combined KoboRoot.tgz is provided without warranty. If you need to reset your device, don’t blame me!