SUSI.AI release 20200120: Desktop and Smart Speaker
More than a month has passed, but the winter holidays allowed me to update, fix, and stream line a lot of corners in SUSI.AI. And above all, work on a desktop version that can easily be installed. Thus, the FOSSASIA Team finally can release a SUSI.AI 2020-01-20 of SUSI.AI, the privacy aware personal assistant.
Since long it has been possible to install and run SUSI.AI on Debian based desktops, and recent months have brought (partial) support for other distributions (RedHat, SUSE etc). This is the first release that provides an installation package for desktop environments that allow for easy installation. As usual, we also ship an image for the SUSI.AI Smart Speaker based on Raspberry Pi.
Changes in this release are:
- Much improved documentation concerning necessary requirements
- Separate installers for required dependencies and actual SUSI.AI, with support for different packaging infrastructure
- fixed problems in portaudio due to upgrade to Debian/buster
- reworked hotword/audio system for increased stability
- release for desktop environments: fully relocatable
susi-configprogram now can install
.desktopfiles, systemd service files, and link binaries to directories in the
- initial work towards DeepSpeech support
- many fixes and internal improvements
We are looking forward to feedback and suggestions, improvements, pull request! Please send either issues to one of the git repositories, or join us at one of the gitter channels (susi_hardware, susi_server, susi_android, susi_webclient, or generally at fossasia)!