TeX Live 2018 for Debian
TeX Live 2018 has hit Debian/unstable today. The packages are based on what will be (most likely, baring any late desasters) on the TeX Live DVD which is going to press this week. This brings the newest and shiniest version of TeX Live to Debian. There have
The packages that have been uploaded are:
- biber 2.11-2
- context 2018.04.04.20180416-1
- context-modules 20180404-2
- texlive-base 2018.20180416-1
- texlive-bin 2018.20180416.47457-1
- texlive-extra 2018.20180416-1
- texlive-lang 2018.20180416-1
The changes listed in the TeX Live documentation and which are relevant for Debian are:
- Kpathsea: Case-insensitive filename matching now done by default in non-system directories; set texmf.cnf or environment variable
texmf_casefold_searchto 0 to disable. Full details in the Kpathsea manual.
- epTEX, eupTEX: New primitive
- LuaTEX: Preparation for moving to Lua 5.3 in 2019: a binary
luatex53is available on most platforms, but must be renamed to
luatexto be effective. Or use the ConTEXt Garden files; more information there.
- MetaPost: Fixes for wrong path directions, TFM and PNG output.
- pdfTEX: Allow encoding vectors for bitmap fonts; current directory not hashed into PDF ID; bug fixes for
- XeTEX: Support /Rotate in PDF image inclusion; exit nonzero if the output driver fails; various obscure UTF-8 and other primitive fixes.
- tlmgr: new front-ends tlshell (Tcl/Tk) and tlcockpit (Java); JSON output; uninstall now a synonym for remove; new action/option print-platform-info.
And above all, the most important change: We switched to CMSS, a font designed by DEK, for our logo and banners 😉