After long months of testing and waiting for the DVD production, we have released TeX Live 2016 today!
Detailed changes can be found here, the most important ones are:
- LuaTeX is updated to 0.95 with a sweeping change of primitives. Most documents and classes need to be adapted!
- Metafont got lua-hooks, mflua and mfluajit
- SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH support for all engines except LuaTeX and original TeX
- pdfTeX, XeTeX: some new primitives
- new programs: gregorio, upmendex
- tlmgr: system level configuration support
- installer, tlmgr: cryptographic verification (if gpg is available)
CTAN mirrors are working on getting the latest releases, but in a day or two all the servers should be updated.
Thanks to all the developers, package writers, documentation writers, testers, and especially Karl Berry for his perfect organization.
Now get the champagne and write some nice documents!