New Debian TeX Live upload
Besides the usual bunch of updates of all kind of packages, the following changes are mentioned in the changelogs:
- don’t ship strange duplicates of Nimbus Sans
- do not ship marvosym.ttf via dependency
- fix some man page errors
- stop shipping TeX Gyre Math fonts, they are in tex-gyre package
- fix siunitx typo
- add a latexdef -> texdef link
- some adaptions of dependencies
- depend on fonts-font-awesome instead of shipping it
This release reintroduces a bunch of transitional packages (all kind of texlive-lang-* and texlive-doc-*) to ease upgrade from the version in stable.
I stopped reading after reading the subject. Not sure if you get why, oh, my. …
It also, hopefully, finally allows after two months that the current release enters into testing, which was blocked since ages by debian-edu-doc‘s bug #709758, which sparkled some nasty discussion on the bug and the debian-devel mailing list. A honorable mentioning goes to the Debian Developer who answered my questions with a poem – or better, he responded to my requests with a poem, but without answering. How great poets we have in Debian! I really feel proud of being a part of it.
In addition, also texinfo has been updated to not FTBFS with new perl 5.18 which has entered Debian/unstable recently.